Note: This recipe must be prepared in advance. From the May 16, 1990, Minneapolis Star Tribune issue of Taste. Because mandarin oranges crush easily, refrigerate them for at least 1 hr before using.
• 1/4 c. low-fat mayonnaise
• 1/4-c. low-fat plain yogurt
• 1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 t. curry powder
• 3/4 lb. cooked turkey breast, torn into bite-size pieces
• 1/2 c. chopped celery
• 1/4 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-in. pieces
• 1 1/2 c. mandarin oranges (see Note), drained
• 2 T. chopped walnuts, for garnish
In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and curry powder. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hr.
In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, melon and oranges. Gently fold dressing into salad. Garnish with walnuts and serve.