This is my father’s coveted Old Fashioned, served lovingly and on trays at the best of family celebrations. Each drink is made individually.
Dad’s Old Fashioned
1. Put a sugar cubes into an old fashioned glass.
2. Shake the bitters over the sugar cubes so the bitters soak into the cubes. Then smash the sugar cubes and fill the glass with ice.
3. Pour over with 2½ shot of any whiskey or brandy (recommend Jack Daniels).
4. Add selzer to fill the glass ~ more whiskey than selzer.
5. Garnish with a slice of orange, a maraschino cherry and cinnamon stick.