This salad comes from a famous family-run German restaurant, Pandl’s Restaurant in Bayside. Pandl’s Bayside had been a fixture on Milwaukee’s North Shore since 1968 until it closed in 2009. But the family restaurant history is much longer than that. The first restaurant, Whitefish Bay restaurant was opened in 1915 by Anna and John Pandl and unmistakable. It was passed on to their sons, George and Jack, and now to Jack’s son, John. George’s sons, Jim and Jerry, owned three restaurants, including Eagan’s on Water, which has also closed and the Waterfront Deli, also on Water St. in Milwaukee.